Sunday, November 1, 2009

LIZ CHENEY ON THE SALUTE

Normally I avoid politics here on STORMBRINGER - it generates Dark Energy within me - but I draw the line when dead American G.I.'s are used for political purposes. -S.L.




Liz Cheney was asked about this Thursday by John Gibson at Fox News radio. He said, "Seventeen of the 18 families of the fallen denied Obama his photo-op at Dover,"




Here's what Liz Cheney said:

"I don't know why he went to Dover. I think that clearly it is very important for a commander-in-chief whenever he can, in whatever way possible, to pay tribute to our fallen soldiers, our fallen military, folks, but I think, you know, what President Bush used to do was to do it without cameras, and I don't understand sort of showing up with the White House press pool with photographers and asking family members if he can take pictures. I mean, that's really hard for me to get my head around. I think it's an honorable and important thing to pay tribute, there's no greater sacrifice people make to the nation. It was a surprising way for the president to choose to do it. I would also point out that the best way to pay tribute to those who have sacrificed is to win the war."

* * * * * * * * * * * * *

This year the Taliban mounted their biggest counter-offensive since we removed them from power; Obama shows leadership by saluting a flag-draped coffin. Nothing like that to inspire victory!

If Obama sincerely wanted to defeat the Taliban he would have granted the professionals' requests for reinforcements made so many months ago.

This photogragh was a shrewdly calculated political stunt, using a dead American serviceman as a prop. Obama is deliberately setting the stage for his Adminitration's approach to Afghanistan - although "withdrawal from" will be more accurate.

Disgraceful.



STORMBRINGER SENDS

1 comment:

  1. I would be very interested if the President rendered the same respect to the remains of our fallen whose family did not approve of photos? The answer would go a long way to enforce/dispel motives.

    ReplyDelete