Tuesday, July 2, 2013

WHAT I DID ON MY SUMMER VACATION

Here at FireBase TigerLily it's been cycle break between contracts and since I reconfigured my workshop to where I can actually do work (I know what a concept) I was able to be a busy little beaver with the power tools and the ol' imagination - S.L.


This weekend's project: a proper shooting bench.


About to have a Good Time here in the Freedom Lovin' Commonwealth of Pennsylvania where the Second Amendment was WRITTEN ! ! !


Time to move up on the Objective.


This guy had a bad day.


That guy at the gunshop who said the Aimpoint on that 10/22 was zeroed to fifty meters was a straight up effing liar. But it is now!


This is my last group - zeroed at fifty meters. That'll work.


My daughter says anyone who has more guns than rooms in their house is a gun nut, and this may be an indicator of a bigger problem. I say, yeah, sure I'm a gun nut. What's the problem?

- STORMBRINGER SENDS

9 comments:

  1. My daughter says anyone who has more guns than rooms in their house is a gun nut, and this may be an indicator of a bigger problem. I say, yeah, sure I'm a gun nut. What's the problem?

    You need a bigger house?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now THAT is a manly bench!

    Steve

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ask your daughter why she needs so many shoes (guessing, but I've known few with less than the number of days in a week).

    Also, as a lefty, I appreciate the two sided bench. Growing up I always ended up standing and hoping I was getting sighted in.

    ReplyDelete
  4. More safes than rooms is the true measure of a gun nut.

    Tell your daughter to stop thinking so small.

    ReplyDelete
  5. TomR,armed in TexasJuly 2, 2013 at 4:58 PM

    My many guns are to prtect my few rooms.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice bench! And good shooting too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Excellent shooting and a great idea for the bench. We're going to try and build one just like it for our spot in the great state of PA, only I think it will have cupholders too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice Bench. Here is a thorough test of 22Lr ammo that might help you tighten even that last group up:

    http://www.accurateshooter.com/guns-of-week/22lr-rimfire-ammo-comparison-test/

    ReplyDelete
  9. I don't know how to tighten up that last shotgroup. When I zero, I fire groups of five rather than three - you'll always throw one or two; if you fire five, three are diealed in tight. That is your shotgroup.

    ReplyDelete